Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How Could I Forget!?

Somehow I managed to write that entire post earlier today and neglected to mention the only piece of real news in my life: I'm famous!! Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration but humor me. Yesterday I was perusing our wedding photographer's blog- yes, my day has come and gone, but I can still drool over other people's clever ideas and admire Reese's excellent photography. Anyways, I was about halfway down the page when I spotted a pair of shoes that looked oddly familiar. I read the caption and realized that they were, indeed, my wedding shoes! I loved my wedding shoes. Finding the right pair proved to be quite the timely endeavor; I'm picky when it comes to shoes, and these were some of the most important shoes of my life. I didn't want them to be too glitzy or too expensive (for obvious reasons), they couldn't be too tall because I don't last long in heels and I didn't want to be taller than Carl in our pictures. My dress was more of an ivory color than a true white so I had to make sure that my shoes weren't a noticeably different tone. I tossed the around of getting navy blue shoes to use as my "something blue" and also to match my color scheme, but I didn't think they would look good with my dress. Finally, after much deliberation, I settled on these (accompanied with a posse of bridesmaids shoes):


They were pretty comfortable, but much worse for the wear by the end of the night. Not to mention my poor dress- please don't gasp in horror when I tell you that last weekend I finally picked it up from the sad little heap it's been in at the bottom of my closet. For the longest time I just couldn't bring myself to do anything with it, which goes to show how sentimental I can be when it comes to these things. Anyways, here's the link to the post on Reese's blog: http://reesemooreweddings.tumblr.com/post/17930414799/tying-the-knot-fell-in-love-with-allisons.


No comments:

Post a Comment