Monday, February 20, 2012

Ouch.

Today has been a day of infinite torture. Last weekend I realized that I had some points accrued on my Amazon Rewards credit card, which I had the option to apply to an Amazon purchase. Those points were just burning a hole in my pocket so I decided to put them towards a few new workout videos. And by a few I mean 9- don't judge. Once I started shopping I saw how many different Firm videos there are that I don't own and I spent probably an hour reading reviews and picking out ones that I thought would complement my existing collection. And, as I mentioned before, I wanted to get the rest of Jackie Warner's workout DVD's since I like 30 Day Fast Start so much. So before I knew it I had picked out 9 DVD's and to try and narrow it down to less probably would have taken another hour.



On Saturday I did the "Burn and Shape" workout from The Firm's Ultimate Fat-Burning Collection, which is only $5 on Amazon for four 45-minute workouts on one DVD. Talk about a bargain! They don't require much space or any equipment except for dumbbells, so if you're short on workout room and money this is a great value. I really liked the workout, but I didn't feel too overly challenged by it so I was surprised when I woke up yesterday and my whole lower body was on fire.







Then to make matters worse, yesterday I did a quick cardio workout followed by the standing portion of Jackie Warner's Crunch-Free Xtreme Abs. Again, at the time I didn't feel like it was that difficult of an ab workout but today it feels like somebody tore open my obliques and put little shards of glass inside. They are even hurting right now as I sit on the couch and type this post- yowza.






Today I did Jackie's Xtreme Timesaver Training, which I knew was going to be tough based on the reviews. I thought maybe they were just written by a bunch of whiny wimps, but sure enough, by the end of it I couldn't even use weights for half of the exercises. I'm proud of myself for making it through even though I know I'm going to be dying tomorrow. That Jackie means business! On the bright side, the fact that I'm so sore totally validates my reward points expenditure. I always enjoy a break in routine and challenging my muscles in new ways, so I'm excited to try out the rest of the workouts and hopefully start getting super buff. Every morning I wake up and check to see if any abs have sprouted on me... no luck as of yet. Carl and I actually have a contest going on to see who will get their abs first, so place your bets. I'm pretty sure that Carl will win since I've never in all of my life had true abs, but stranger things have happened. I'll keep you all posted when the winner is declared!


2 comments:

  1. Haha, I bet Carl is really excited about having MORE workout videos around! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding, he's THRILLED! Carl loooooves workout videos.

      Delete