Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July! Aside from the sweltering heat wave that typically comes along with it, July is one of my favorite months. For one thing, it's my birth month- I'll be 25 in 5 days, yikes! Plus there's usually lots of trips to the beach, cookouts, fireworks, and tomato sandwiches:

I've had a least one of these every day of the past month. They never get old!
July 4th is also pretty near and dear to me because on this day 5 years ago I brought Melman home. I gathered up some of my best Melman pictures to share, so enjoy!

Melman was born May 12, 2007. Here he is with one of his sisters, just a few weeks old.
I'll be honest, I'm not really sure which one is him...
This was maybe two weeks before he got to come home. What a precious little angel. 
Melman and Liz- best friends from the start!
He came home and quickly started a lifelong tradition of stealing other dogs' food. 
Look how little he was!
He's lucky he's cute...
...because he frequently finds his way into mischief.
This is one of his lesser offenses.
Melman and Riley have always been best buds. I think they would have been devastated
if Carl and I hadn't gotten married.

Ah, true love.
Here's to another 5 years with Melman! I promise not to dress you up in silly costumes anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment