Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's Beginning to Feel a lot Like... Fall!

Does anyone else in the Charleston area feel like they blinked and it was fall? All of a sudden it's getting darker way earlier, we're sleeping with the windows open, and I actually had the heat on in my car on the drive to work yesterday. I went to Wal Mart today and, of course, they were all decked out with Halloween goodies. IT'S NOT EVEN OCTOBER YET!! I don't claim to be a true South Carolinian, but having gone through quite a few Autumns here, I know better than to think that summer is really gone. Summer and Fall will battle it out through mid-November or so, making it impossible to know what to wear on any given day, or when it will be comfortable to spend time outside. This year the stakes are especially high, with our outdoor wedding set for October 29th. We do have use of the inside of the house that we're getting married at, so it won't be the complete end of the world if it's freezing. The downside is that space is limited and because it's so historic, there's no dancing allowed inside. The best we can do is hope for gorgeous weather, but have space heaters on standby just in case. Every time I find myself getting worked up about it I have to remind myself not to dwell on something as unpredictable as the weather.

This afternoon will be a craft-filled one. I keep going back and forth about whether or not I want to post pictures of all these homemade wedding goodies, or keep it a secret until the big day. What do y'all think? The USC-Navy game is on at 6 and we're pretty stoked to stream it from ESPN3 onto the TV. We've managed to go almost a full year without cable, but last year it was always so inconvenient and expensive to have to watch all of the games at bars. I'm eager to see how well this magical HDMI cable works.

Have a great weekend!

PS: A special thank you to Jessica, who taught me (over the phone, no less!) how to make hidden hyperlinks. You really do learn something new every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment