Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Three Days and Counting

Season's greetings! I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas- New Year's limbo where you don't know whether it's acceptable to continue listening to Christmas music and keep your tree and lights up and eat copious amounts of cookies... I am, of course, doing all of these things with wholehearted enthusiasm. If only I didn't have my pesky job to be back to I'd be the happiest girl in the world! Carl and I spent the weekend in Columbia where Julie and Ernie treated us to a wonderfully relaxing, fun holiday. This was my first Christmas not spent with my family and I've got to say, I was a little nervous at first. Thankfully I didn't burst into tears Christmas morning or anything embarrassing like that. I know that I must have been really good this year because look what Santa brought me:


Before you pass judgment I should note that he also gave me the car payment to go with it- yay, adulthood! Me and Carl are a little obsessed with the Subaru. There were a few days where we even fought over who got to drive it. Don't tell him, but this is actually just a ploy on my part to get him to want to chauffeur me everywhere. Sadly I think I'm still having a little PTSD from the Jetta era because I keep having nightmares about the Subaru overheating, and waking up disappointed and angry that I bought a car with the same problems. So far it's treated me well, so let's hope that continues.

In other news, we came home Monday to find a little package with our many wedding pictures waiting inside. If you're my Facebook friend you may have already spotted the albums I posted. It's taken a lot of time to sort through all of them because there's so many (4,400!!!), it's a little overwhelming. I'm still picking out my favorites and drafting out the long-ago promised wedding mega post, so don't think that I got lazy and flaked. It's coming, I promise!

Can you believe we only have 3 days left in 2011!? This is going to be a hard year to top, but I've got really high hopes for 2012. I'm gearing up for the start of the ABC's on Sunday, and getting somewhat anxious about the possibility of picking a super hard letter fresh out of the gate. I've got a yummy recipe for tomorrow, so until then, while the merry bells keep ringing may your every wish come true. Annnd now that song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment