Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Kitchen Gadget Recommendations

One of my favorite things in the world is finding a good kitchen gadget. Carl will vouch for the fact that, if left unattended, I could stand and drool in Williams Sonoma for hours on end. Who knows, maybe I was a chef in another life! These two gadgets both feature lawn mower- style pulls that make them super fun to use, and also extra handy when the power is out. Behold, the Chef'n VeggiChop Vegetable chopper:


We received this as a wedding gift and really love it. And when I say love it I mean that we fight over who gets to pull the handle to do the chopping. It's just as effective as a mini food processor and perfect for small batches of veggies. You can also swap out a regular lid for the one with the handle to store your veggies in, if need be.

Next up is the Zyliss Easy Spin salad spinner, another awesome wedding gift.

One thing that I think really puts this salad spinner in a league of its own is the stop button on the lid and the fact that it's made out of BPA-free plastic. It was recommended in Flanagan's Smart Home, which I talked about here. I was somewhat surprised that a salad spinner was included in such a small list of essential household items, but mostly excited that her recommendation validated my need for another nifty kitchen tool.

If anyone is looking for a last minute Christmas gift, these would both be great. A special mother-in-law of mine might just be getting one of them (don't worry, I didn't ruin the surprise- she was with me when I bought it)! An added bonus: anyone working on losing weight for the new year can achieve their goal quicker with the arm workout from the pulleys- truly the gift that keeps on giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment