Sunday, October 2, 2011

Workout Success!

I'm happy to report that yesterday I finished the last Firm Express video! These workouts were really awesome, and I plan on cycling through them one more time before the wedding. What I liked about them most was that they were only 20 minutes long (hence the name 'Express'). On days when I was feeling less than motivated it was easy enough to talk myself into doing one, knowing that it wouldn’t eat up a bunch of my time. And even though they were tough, I feel like I can do anything for 20 minutes without it killing me. Each of the 12 workouts was completely different, which was both good and bad. It didn’t get boring because they weren’t doing the same routines over and over again, but on the other hand, it was challenging trying to keep up. Once I got the moves down they were already moving on to the next thing. Hopefully this won’t be as much of an issue my second time through. I did not lose the promised 15 pounds, but let’s face it; I wasn’t really expecting to drop that much weight. The good news: I’m starting to tell a real difference! I feel like I’m a lot stronger and toned, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Who knows- at this rate I might even grow my first ab. 


In other news, I'm headed to Charlotte this week for some training for work. That's right folks, my first "business trip!" I have no idea what it's going to be like, but am hoping that they don't make us work too hard and that I make some new friends. It could be a long week if I have to eat all my meals alone. On that note, I'm off to pack and get some shut-eye so that eye can be on my A- game this week. 

2 comments:

  1. YAY for the firm! Good for you. Maybe I'll order them. 20 minutes sounds pretty awesome. Where did you order them and how much were they?

    I'm getting giddy for the wedding!! 26 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're really going to like them! I've still been doing other workouts on the off days because I can't bring myself to believe that 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week is all I need. But that infomercial is pretty darn convincing!

    ReplyDelete