Monday, January 9, 2012

A Confession and new Jillian DVD

I'll start with my confession first. Remember yesterday when I was bragging and going on and on about how I was so above cheating for the ABC's of 2012? Well, I cheated. But Carl made me. The problem was that the Indian food seed had already been planted in my mind before I picked 'Q.' There's no escaping an Indian food craving once it hits. Not to mention, I didn't even get to say goodbye. We went for dinner at Nirlep and after a guilt-plagued drive home I decided it had become necessary to make an amendment to the system. From here on out Sunday will be my adjustment day. Meaning that I'll continue to do my drawing on Sunday and if I'm feeling particularly strong I'll go ahead and dive right in, but if not I won't have to feel bad for having one last rendezvous with whatever the letter of the week might happen to be. I think this is going to help me a lot, and I'm also relieved to have admitted to my slip-up. I'd like to say that it will be the only one over the next 5 1/2 months, but who am I kidding!

Is there anything more exciting than coming home and having a package waiting on you? As my freshman statistics professor with a horrible English accent would say, "I don't fink so!" I got home from work today and just inside the door were my 3 new workout videos. I ordered Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred, Killer Buns and Thighs, and Jackie Warner's 30 Day Fast Start. Jackie used to (and maybe still does, I'm not completely sure) have a reality show on Bravo about her personal training/gym business. I've never done one of her workout videos so I only ordered one, and that way I can test the waters before I buy up all her DVDs. Hers is on the agenda for Wednesday night so I'll let you know how it goes. Tonight I did Jillian's newest DVD:



It definitely lived up to its name. I finished about 45 minutes ago and I still feel like a big noodle. I knew it was going to be tough when the first exercise in was my ultimate fitness arch nemesis: The Burpee (it's really only necessary to watch about 10 seconds of this video to get the point- what an awful, awful song). Also tricky were the brief cardio bursts followed by balance exercises. It's really hard to balance on one leg when you're close to hyperventilation. I felt like I got an incredibly effective workout in and recommend it to anyone looking to switch up their routine a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment