Sunday, January 8, 2012

Unfortunate...

This morning marked my second pick for the ABC's of 2012. The first week was a success: I did 3 Firm Express workouts and another Firm cardio workout. None of them were particularly hard or lengthy, but it's probably for the best after my month-long hiatus from physical fitness. Carl and I woke up slightly hungover this morning and had a long, mouth-watering conversation about where we wanted to eat for lunch. I decided it might be a good idea to pick a letter before we made our final decision, that way if it ended up being a letter in the foods category we wouldn't have to decide all over again. As fate would have it the letter I picked today was Q: quit eating out.

NOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOo!

I was beyond disappointed and a little tempted to pick another letter, but I had to remind myself that the goal of this project isn't to cheat my way out of doing the inconvenient ones. I know it's not realistic to think that I'll be able to completely give up eating out, so here are a few occasions where exceptions are okay: when somebody else is paying for the meal, when social situations call for it (birthdays, special occasions, etc), and when it would be unrealistic to try to eat in (for instance, during traveling). The goal of this particular resolution is to a) help save money, and b) eat healthier, so eating out once in a while isn't going to be the end of the world. I have a tendency to eat really healthy during the week and then ruin all my hard work by going out to eat and stuffing myself silly on the weekends. I'm hoping to break that cycle, but I just wasn't ready to start today! As Carl so eloquently put it, "you know how disappointed you get when I eat your leftovers? That's what this feels like."

No comments:

Post a Comment