Monday, January 16, 2012

Finally, a Reprieve!

I wasn't around my computer yesterday so I know I'm a day behind on my resolution update- apologies! Aside from the Indian slip-up last week I survived without eating out, and I made it through 4 more workouts. Yesterday as I was picking this week's letter I was keeping my fingers crossed for an easy one. The past two weeks have been full of soreness from working out and endless restaurant food cravings. I think that knowing I can't have it makes me want it more than I normally would. But I survived, mostly because I didn't want to come back here and report failure- this blog is what's holding me accountable! So what is this week's letter?  I got 'N,' which is natural household products. This includes items like dishwashing soap, laundry detergent, cleaning solutions, paper towels, and toilet paper. The way I plan on approaching this is, rather than going out today and buying all new products, I'll just replace things with their more environmentally friendly counterparts as they run out. I've seen ideas on several 'green' blogs for recipes for homemade cleaning products, so I'm going to go back and do my research and take a stab at bottling up my own solutions. As for the paper products, I'll buy recycled versions and use less. I've always been impressed by people who have green homes but I'm a lazy consumer when it comes to buying cleaning supplies. If it's on sale or buy one get one free then I'm hooked, whether or not it's what's best for the environment. I'm hoping to turn that all around, even if it requires a little more effort on my part. I'll let you know what I learn along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment